Saturday, August 14, 2010
Happy Birthday, Jack!
I couldn't let the day go by without saying, "Happy Birthday to JACK!" Jack was Hannah's first boyfriend and we will always celebrate August 14th as JACK! day. We'll eat a red velvet cupcake, visit his bench, and do something unexpected and nice for someone else today as a tribute to the something nice that JACK! did for us......he made us realize that life should not be taken for granted, that it's a gift we're given, and that we much "laugh harder". Kristen (Jack's mom) posted the tribute video on her blog and as I'm watching it, Hannah ran to see what I'm watching on the computer. She knew right away who it was. She yelled, "JACK!". I'm so grateful that she remembers him. It was so sweet watching her watch the video that I had to record her. I told her today was Jack's birthday and she began singing him "Happy Birthday". Tears flowed.......smiles....and tears. Happy Birthday JACK! Thank you for reminding us of how precious life is. The red velvet cupcakes are on me today, my treat, in memory of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment